Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome to the Future

     Growing up sucks! I remember always wanting to be older thinking "WOW! It must be so cool to be 16 or 26 or whatever age that doesn't require you to iron your face." Well, I was wrong. If you are a reading this as a parent I would like you to bring a small human, preferably literate, to your computer. If you are a small human reading this, your folks may not be doing their best in parenting you and I apologize for corrupting your brain with the past posts.

Anyway, I thought I would write to these young ones.

Dear future adults of this world,

     I would like to start off by crushing your hopes. Being older sucks, school will get worse, and that guy/girl that you are throwing rocks at because you like him/her will probably become a drug addict.
     I remember going outside everyday to play kickball with my neighbors or climbing the brick wall in my backyard imagining it to be The Great Wall of China. I would do all my homework as fast as I could just so I could go out to play. But slowly, the 3 hours outside became 2 hours, and then 1 hour, until it became only a memory that I wish I could re-live for just one more day.
     I feel like you kids don't even do this stuff anymore. Now, I'm not going to lie, technology is awesome, but what happened to playing pretend or jumping around with a sugar overdose? It's like you're not even trying to be a kid.
     Don't grow up too fast. You'll regret it once you realize how much of a hot mess this world is.

                                                                             From,
                                                                             The 16 year old that wishes she could have it all back




   

No comments:

Post a Comment