Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Hunger Games

     Ramadan is here and I am fully prepared to endure my 15 hour fasts for the next month. If you think that this much time is long, you haven't been up north...
     
     Many of you probably don't fully understand what Ramadan is and that's OK! I can tell you for sure that it is not a diet plan. It's a month where we put all the unnecessary things in life on hold to practice a little more self control and aim to make our self a better human. We still go along with every day business, but we do it with more kindness and love from our hearts. We learn to love you like we love our self. Of course, this is the month where my non-fasting brethren go to that freakishly delicious restaurant for lunch. Love you too guys!

     A lot of people have asked if Ramadan is difficult. It's not as bad as people think. Most people my age just become nocturnal for the month and learn to not talk as much, because your breath will kill anyone who smells it, including Voldemort.


     I am also forced to be a nicer person this month and practice good things. So, going along with that...


RAMADAN MUBARAK!


No comments:

Post a Comment