Thursday, June 14, 2012

Son of a Beach

     Today, I went to the beach. I'm not too fond of the beach as the sand get into every crevass, there is a riot of seaweed, and you can never get that salty taste out of your body. The only few things I like is the breeze that picks up your hair and the waves attempting to massage your feet, all while drinking coconut water. You cannot forget the coconut water!

     The only problem with today's outing is that we went a bit late, so we got the low tide. The issue with this is that a) there were no waves and b) the seaweed. Due to the receding waterline, the waves were dropping off what seemed like all of the Indian ocean's seaweed. I was tired of picking the leaves off of me so I decided to have a bit of fun with it. I told my brother and a friend's daughter that you can eat the seaweed (I know that there are seaweeds that are edible, but I have no idea if that was the right type to eat). I pretended to eat a blade and they believed me. They both continued to inch the plant to their mouths and chew on that nasty stuff. It wasn't until I laughed that they spit it out and decided to never listen to my crap. Lesson learned.

I want to apologize for the lack of posts and the lack of pictures on this specific one. The internet is slower than your grandma and there isn't much I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment